According to the Council of Shia Muslim Scholars in North America, Monday, October 3rd, 2016, will be the first day of the month of Muharram al-Haram, 1438 A.H. (Click Source)
• First of Moharram: insha-Allah on October 3, Monday
• Aashurah (10th Moharram): on October 12, Wednesday
• Moulanas: Syed Ahmad Raza Husaini and Saleh Qazwini
Programs in Masjid
• Sunday – October 2: Eve of First of Moharram
7.30-9.00 pm English/Urdu Majlises (No Dinner)
• Monday – October 3 to Tuesday-October 11:
6.45-7.15 pm Namaz (30 min)
7.15-7.25 pm Quran (10 min)
7.25-8.20 pm English Majlis(55 min)
8.20-8.35 pm Soaz (15 min)
8.35-9.30 pm Urdu Majlis (55 min)
9.30-9.45 pm Maatam- All together (15 min+)
9.45 pm Dinner
• A renowned nauha/marsia khwan, Safdar Abbas Zaidi (from Pakistan) has been invited to recite salaams, marsias and nauhas for the first twelve days of muharram.
• English Q/A session will be held in the basement during Urdu program for youth and non-Urdu speaking brothers/sisters.
• Dinner: For Sisters starts right after Urdu Majlis (9.30 pm); For Brothers it starts after second Nouha (9.45 pm).
• Farsi Majlis will be held after the dinner.
Note: Please sponsor Nazr/Dinner during Moharram/ Arbaeen. Contact Br. Imdad or Br. Azeem.
Aahurah Program (2016), Wednesday-Oct 12th
10.00 am – 12.30 am Aamaale Day of Aashurah
12.45 pm – 1.15 pm Namaaz
1.30 pm – 4.30 pm Aashurah Majlis/Matam
4.30 pm Faqa Shikani(Food)
6.15 pm Namaaz
7.00 pm Shaame-Ghreeban Program
Majalis will be in English, Farsi and Urdu.