Lunar Eclipse in our area (EST) will be between 12:53 am and 5:53 am tonight (Tuesday, April 15, 2014). You can pray Salat-al-Ayaat anytime during this period.
We would like to bring your attention to the total lunar eclipse over the majority of North America, on Tuesday, April 15, 2014. According to NASA “it will be the first of four total lunar eclipses (a tetrad) between April 2014 and September of 2015.”
During a Solar/Lunar eclipse, it is wajib (obligatory) to perform the special prayer, “Salat-al-Ayaat”. Below are the specific instructions on how to perform the prayer and the times the lunar eclipse will occur, at different stages, over North America.
One should offer the prayer of “al-Ayaat,” and its method is as follows:
- Make the Niyyah (intention) of offering the prayers as “Salat-ul-Ayaat”.
- One should say Takbir (Allahu Akbar)
- Recite Surat-ul-Fatiha and any other Surah*
- Then perform the Ruku’.
- Then stand and recite Surat-ul-Fatiha and any other Surah and then perform another Ruku’.
- One should repeat this action five times, and, when he stands after the fifth Ruku’, he should perform two Sajdah, and then stand up to perform the second Rak’ah in the same manner as he has done in the first.
- Then he should recite Tashahhud and Salam.
*Please note that a person is allowed to say Takbir and recite Surat-ul-Fatiha and then divide the verses of another Surah into five parts, and recite one verse or more or less, and thereafter perform the Ruku’. He should then stand up and recite another part of the Surah (without reciting Surat-ul-Fatiha) and then perform another Ruku’. He should repeat this action, and finish that Surah before performing the fifth Ruku’.
We ask the Almighty Allah to accept all your deeds and worships.
With Ref to:
Department of Religious Affairs
Imam Mahdi Association of Marjaeya
Dearborn, MI 48124